Cover Love: Great Danes and Rainbow Font

October 25, 2012 by Alice in Readerland

Cover Love is hosted by Bookshelvers Anonymous

One of my favorite authors ever is Meg Cabot, and one of my favorite books ever by her is The Boy Next Door, so it’s perfect that the cover for that book is one of my favorite covers ever.

I just love this cover so much, mostly because of the Harlequin Great Dane.  I adore animals and have always wanted to own a Harlequin Great Dane, so I love how there’s one on the cover. (Plus, the Harlequin Great Dane’s wearing a red collar with an adorable heart charm.) I also love the girl with her hair pulled back (wish I could keep my hair back like that) and the fun rainbow lettering.

The Boy Next Door is told entirely in emails/notes. Here’s the description:

“To: You (you)

From: Human Resources (human.resources@thenyjournal.com)
Subject: This Book

Dear Reader,
This is an automated message from the Human Resources Division of the New York Journal, New York City’s leading photo-newspaper. Please be aware that according to our records you have not yet read this book. What exactly are you waiting for? This book has it all:

Humor

Romance

Cooking tips

Great Danes

Heroine in peril

Dolphin-shaped driftwood sculptures

If you wish to read about any of the above, please do not hesitate to head to the checkout counter, where you will be paired with a sales associate who will work to help you buy this book.

We here at the New York Journal are a team. We win as a team, and lose as one as well. Don’t you want to be on the winning team?

Sincerely,
Human Resources Division
New York Journal

Please note that failure to read this book may result in suspension or dismissal from this store.

*********This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism.*********”

What book cover do you love?

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Cover Love: Great Danes and Rainbow Font

1. Shelver506 says:

What an interesting concept! And I totally agree, the Great Dane is adorable.

2. Mandy R. says:

I love Meg Cabot’s Airhead series so I’ll have to read this book!

3. caitlinstern says:

Can I pick two books? Book 1 and 2 of Lois McMaster Bujold’s Sharing Knife series make a picture if you put them together. And it’s of a beautiful and touching scene.

4. Michelle says:

Love the email-style description… so cute!

5. Kelly says:

Cute cover! And I love the description. I’ve only read 1-2 of her books, so I’ll have to add this one to the TBR pile.

6. Lynn says:

I love Meg’s Princess Diary series covers with the beautiful tiaras on the covers! :)

7. I should re-read these books… I haven’t in yearsss and years. In fact, this is the cover for the version I have: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U3xk_stEy4o/TdSTDQlL3LI/AAAAAAAACik/qmg2j2YkoaQ/s1600/megcabotboynextdoor.jpg

8. […] Cover Love ~ Harlequin Great Danes and rainbow font. […]

Leave your comment down the rabbit hole!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow Alice in Readerland and have new Readerland posts magically appear in your inbox!

Follow the White Rabbit to Readerland!

A Week of Rapunzel

Alice in Readerland Presents Fairy Tale February

Click here to follow this blog and view my other followers...

bookreviewblogs.com